4/09/2011

The Pilot / The Aviator / The Airman

pS(preScriptum): And let's start with a very 'dead' theme: 10th class. I will not speak here, that I would like to see additional class. Because I think, that the scheme with 9 classes works very well. (Of course, I would like to see a lot of sketches with reasons why there were 9 at the beginning...I think it's related to Spy and his disguising kit: 1-9, except 0).
Once I was writing there (these 5 words will be known as periphrase for "I have created thread on SPUF, but it has died, because lots of whining threads were everywhere. I thought it could swim itself") about 9 alternative classes for existing 9. Not additional alternative classes. There couldn't be 10 or more classes on the same map. Just 9. But with choosing from alternative 9 too. What's the difference, you ask? Let me clear this: for example, we have alternative class for Pyro which we will call now Cryo (not Cry-O, but Cryogenic Maniac). As you understand, it will freeze - in opposite to set your enemies on fire (both Pyro and Cryo, anyway, kill enemies by burns). Ok, we have chosen Cryo on this map, like a Pyro with freezing flamethower and other unlocks. And that's the key: it's like Pyro with new weapons, but you can't choose normal Pyro, with his unlocks. You can't meet Cryo and Pyro on the same map, in both teams. And that was an example. Any questions? Ask them in comments. And there will be the large post for this, so you can wait.



 Part 1. Visuality.
And we continue our trip to the imaginery worlds of new classes. As you see in the title, I will concetrate your attention on the idea of this new class. He could be alternative class to the Engineer. Why him? Because it's about technical issues. Here is a screenshot of my not existing now thread (obviously, it's only OP) to see how a long time this idea in the mind of people (also, you can continue discussion with another guy in this lone thread):



His plane must be small. I found something useful for visual understanding - like the picture+video below - on FPSBanana (link):
















Also, you remember that video with Aviator, but it's sadly was deleted. If I will find this video on my HDDs, I'll re-upload it to my special YouTube-account.

Part 2. Home of thoughts.
Why is he an alternative class to the Engineer?
  1. Engineer builds stuff on the ground.
  2. Engineer love close-quarters more than open space.
  3. The Plane is a building too. It can shoot like a sentry, transport people from one point to another like a teleporters. And has nothing to be similar to a dispencer.
  4. He is all about his Plane, like Engineer about his buildings.
So, he would be "very offensive Engineer", in this way.
Unlocks?! Something relating to his plane. ("He's all about his Plane.") Guns, bombs, parachuting, transporting, etc. 
He's like a Spectator, that can fight. Not overpowered, not underpowered.
That's the general idea. If I'll create new ideas, I will post them into the new post about him.

P.S. Yes, I know that VALVE said once that we will have no vehicles in TF2. So, I hope that somebody will make modification some day. Any way. (But this class looks very natural in TF2, to me.)

/in future posts I will discuss another alternative classes. I just wanted to make the Airman different from other 8/

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий